This deformation is due to an imbalance between the flexor tendons and the extensor tendons of the toe, which then tends to fold back into the form of a claw.
The intervention involves realigning the toe to eliminate painful pressure points. For this, there are several surgical techniques that can concern the joint, the tendons or the phalanges.
- Osteotomy : consists in shortening the first or second phalange to realign the toe in an anatomical axis.
- Arthrodesis involves blocking the joint by fusing two phalanges
- Tenotomy : involves acting on the tendons by elongating or moving them to reduce the tension exerted on the toe.
All of these gestures can be performed in minimally invasive surgery
- Anesthesia : loco regional
- Technique : mini invasive
- Hospitalization : outpatient care
- Immobilization : medical shoe for 3 weeks
- Rehabilitation : from the 3rd week after surgery
- Post-operative visit : 2 weeks after surgery