- Hip and Knee Prosthetic Surgery
- Specialized in the management of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) hip prosthesis by anterior approach according to Röttinger
- Orthopedic surgeon accredited by HAS
- Medical studies at the Faculty of Medicine of Lyon
- Master of Biological and Medical Sciences - Anatomy (99)
- Postgraduate degree in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology at Clermont-Ferrand University Hospital (03)
- Inter-university diploma of Surgery under Arthroscopy at the CHU Bordeaux, Lyon and Lille (04)
- Senior Resident at Clermont-Ferrand University Hospital, in the service of Professor Jean-Paul Levai.
- Successor of Dr. Guy Liorzou in Bordeaux since November 2004
- SOFCOT (French Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology)
- Commitment in the evaluation of professional practices (ORTHORISQ) since 2007
Dr Franck Thanas and his partners, Doctors Christian Peyraud and Loïc Villet, constitute a "hyper-specialized pole in the surgery of osteoarthritis of the lower limb". They practice more than 800 total hip and knee prosthesis annually and more than 60 revisions surgeries.
Research and Development
Very involved in the implementation of ERAS (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery), he actively participates in the development of outpatient surgery of total hip prosthesis by minimally invasive anterior approach
- Designer member of a total revision knee prosthesis
- Designer member of a femoral stem of total hip prosthesis
Consultations at Centre de l’Arthrose
6 rue Negrevergne 33700 Merignac
- Every Monday afternoon
- Every Thursdays (full day)
- Every second Friday (full day)
Dr Franck Thanas in contracted by social security and settled in sector II with free fees. He receives each year the accreditation of the HAS (High Authority of Health).