WHAT SHOULD I DO ?
- I see the surgeon and we set a date for surgery
- His secretary gives me my "passport" for my day in the Outpatient Unit (I am informed that sometimes a night in hospital may be necessary)
- The same day, I receive a login code to do my pre-registration online through the secure portal APPFINE.
- I make an appointment with the anesthesiologist
- I do the complementary examinations if necessary as prescribed : X-rays, blood test, electrocardiogram ...
- I organize my return by planning a person to take me home after the procedure and stay with me the 24 hours following my surgery
- I get in advance the anti-pain medication prescribed by the anesthetist
- I read the hygiene instructions to be observed before the hospitalization (click here)
The day before surgery
- I proceed to my waxing, with depilatory cream or a hair clipper, according to the recommendations of the surgeon
- I remove all nail polish, false nails, jewelry and piercing
- I take a shower, body and hair, with the antiseptic solution (Betadine Scrub or Hibiscrub), bought on prescription of the surgeon
- I am contacted by the nurse of the Outpatient Unit, who gives me the admission schedule
- I stop drinking, eating and smoking 6 hours before I arrive at the clinic
- I follow the instructions given to me by telephone
WHAT SHOULD I BRING ?
My administrative documents
- Medical insurance cards (carte Vitale + supplementary insurance), a piece of identification, a method of payment
- The pre-admission formalities MUST be finalized on APPFINE application.
(If unable to access the Internet you must download, print ALL the detailed documents for pre-admission entry and return by mail to the clinic (link to download documents)
- Minor patient : authorization of care MUST be signed by both parents with copy of both ID
- Patient under tutorship : the authorization of care MUST be signed by the tutor
My medical documents
- The prescription of my personal treatment and my medicines in the original packaging
- Radiological examinations
- Biological and cardiological examinations if necessary
I plan a comfortable and clean outfit
The morning of my arrival
- At home, I take a shower, body and hair, with the antiseptic solution (Betadine Scrub red flask or Hibiscrub), bought on prescription of the surgeon
- I do not wear makeup
- I do not carry any object of value
- According to the instructions of the anesthetist, I take my usual treatment
- I respect the time of admission given
Upon arrival at the clinic
- At the scheduled time, I go to the Outpatient Unit on the 1st floor
- The secretary validates my admission and tells me my room number
- I wear the specific outfit for the operating room
- The nurse prepares me for surgery
- I remove my dentures, hearing aids, glasses, lenses and store them in a safe place
Direction : the operating room
- The stretcher takes me to the operating room
- I am taken care of by the healthcare team
- After the procedure, I go to the recovery room for post-intervention monitoring and pain management
- The stretcher brings me back to my room
Back in my room
- I am taken in charge by the nurse in the department
- I’m having a snack
- I get up with the physiotherapist
- The surgeon visits me to validate my exit (I am informed that sometimes a night in hospital may be necessary)
The surgeon’s nurse gives me :
- Prescriptions for postoperative care
- The operating report
- A letter for my doctor
- An appointment for the postoperative consultation with the surgeon
- A work stoppage (if necessary)
The Outpatient Unit nurse gives me :
- The exit bulletin with a call number in case of emergency or problem.
The secretary of admissions gives me :
- A situation bulletin and the traceability sheet of the implants
- The receipt of paid invoice (if all fees have been paid)
Someone must come to pick me up and take me home. I must not stay alone the night after the procedure. Without accompanying person : I will stay overnight at the Clinic
If necessary, I make an appointment with a nurse for postoperative care
(Dressing, injection of anticoagulant, etc.).
- I keep my dressing dry to avoid any risk of infection
- I get rest and respect the postoperative instructions
- Tomorrow, depending on the type of intervention, a nurse will call me to hear from me
I organize my exit
Who comes to pick me up at the clinic ?
I indicate the name and phone number of the person who will come to pick me up.
Useful numbers of the Bordeaux-Merignac Sport Clinic
4 rue Georges Nègrevergne - 33700 MÉRIGNAC
THE SURGICAL UNIT : 05 57 20 68 90 THE OUTPATIENT UNIT : 05 57 20 68 00
At home, in case of persistent pain, bleeding, fever or any other problem, do not hesitate to call the clinic 24 hours a day at the above mentioned numbers