1st step : pre-registration
The Bordeaux-Mérignac Sport Clinic provides you with the free and secure APPFINE portal to carry out pre-admission formalities online.
As soon as your surgery date is set, you receive a login link by email and personalized access code by SMS.
If you do not have an email address, you can download the documents (below) or request a paper file at the clinic reception, fill out and return by mail with the requested documents (see Pre-registration section)
Remember to report to us
- If a stay is planned in convalescence or rehabilitation center.
- If a transport has been prescribed, you must send the preliminary agreement to your CPAM (primary health insurance fund) and tell us which ambulance company you have chosen.
2nd step : registration
- Upon your arrival in the outpatient unit (you bill be called the day before to confirm your time of arrival)
- You should not eat or drink within 6 hours before admission.
- Eat a light meal the night before.
- Refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol within 12 hours before anesthesia
- You must take a shower (body and hair) with the antiseptic solution (Betadine Scrub) the day before and the morning of your intervention
- You must be accompanied by an adult when you return home and for the first night after the procedure.
- You must be reachable by phone the day before and the day after your intervention.
And most importantly, do not forget to bring :
- Card of medical insurance (Carte Vitale) + certificate of rights
- Card of supplementary insurance
- Blood group card
- All your medical examination and imaging reports
- Authorization to operate for minors or adults under tutorship
- Designation of the person of trust
If applicable :
– Prescription of personal treatment and medicines in original packages
– Work accident or occupational disease report
– Free care booklet for Article 115 war pensioners
– Regulatory printouts for citizens of the European community
If you are not insured, the cost of the stay must be paid before the intervention according to the estimate which you will have accepted
3rd step : Exit formalities
- In outpatient unit
- Yourself or your accompanying person
- When you have recovered your physical and intellectual abilities (otherwise, hospitalization for the night will be considered).
- An exit authorization with important instructions will be given to you by the nurses.
- The documents relating to your intervention will be given to you (certificates, prescription, work stoppage, operational report, etc.).
- The invoice will be given after payment of fees.
- After any type of anesthesia, your intellectual faculties, judgment and alertness may be temporarily modified :
- Do not drive, do not use dangerous equipment, do not make important decisions, within 24 hours.
- Plan for a responsible adult to come home and stay overnight with you
- Have a phone.
In case of worry or complication call (24 hours) : 05 57 20 68 90
- The next day, you will be contacted by the nurse of the Outpatient unit to check how was the return home.
The exit of minors can be done only in the presence of a parent or tutor (a written authorization will be required in case of impediment).
If you ask to go out against medical advice, a written discharge will be required.